1, What is sandblasted glass?
Sandblasted glass is also called sand blasted glass in different regions, it is processed by using sand material(sometimes iron) to cause the glass surface “abrasive” under strong high pressure. Usually, the pressure is achieved by a strong wind jet. This sandblasting process can make the glass surface in a “frosted glass” effect, which can help provide a private function or decoration function.
2, Why use sandblasting glass?
- Achieve frosted effect which can help keep privacy;
- Multiple patterns available;
- Process simple and fast;
- Varies applications like railing, shower doors, windows, doors, etc.
3, Sandblasted glass vs acid etched glass
|Comparison||Sandblasted glass||Acid-etched glass|
|Functions||Privacy & decoration||Privacy & decoration|
|Production time||Fast( processed in 1 day)||Slow (cost extra 3~4 days)|
4, Production process
For mass production(>500SQM) process:
- Firstly, Have the sandblasted glass sheet cut to size;
- Secondly, Do the edge-work, fine polished or matte polished;
- Thirdly, Drill if there are any hols;
- Fourthly, Do the glass tempering to enhance safety and strength.
For scattered production(<300SQM) process:
- Firstly, cut raw glass material to desired sizes;
- Secondly, do the edge-work for the glass;
- Thirdly, drill holes if there are any;
- Fourthly, stick tap on the glass to form patterns(if none, skip this step);
- Fifthly, do the sandblasting process;
- Finally, tempering to enhance the glass performance.
With its unique privacy keeping function and decoration effect, sandblasted glass is widely used in interior designs such as:
6, Shenzhen Dragon Glass sand blasted glass properties:
|Product name||Sandblasted glass;|
|Glass colors||low iron, clear, green, grey, blue, bronze, etc|
|Shape||curved / flat;|
|Sandblasting types||full-screen sandblasting, partially sandblasting, |
both sides sandblasting, OEM patterns, etc.
|Function||Keeping privacy, decoration, etc;|
|Quality||Subject to CE & ASTM standard;|
|Further process||laminating, insulating, coating, etc;|
|Additional functions||energy saving, soundproofing, bulletproof, etc;|
7, Why choose Shenzhen Dragon Glass?
Shenzhen Dragon Glass as one of the best glass suppliers in China can provide you:
- Splendid quality supplied at a very good price.
- Fast delivery guaranteed by super large capacity.
- Strong wooden crates packing guarantee safety for long way transportation.
- Multiple certifications such as CCC, CE, ASTM, ISO9001 & BS.
- 25 years of glass processing experience.
- Strong delivery ability. No worries about shipping problems.
- The experienced technical team always ready to provide you the best solutions.