What is annealed glass?
Laminated annealed glass is a kind of annealed glass.
Annealed glass is also known as float or clear glass. It is a kind of glass that is not quenched after the heating process; it is allowed to cool slowly. Annealed glass is gently cooled in the ‘annealing lehr’ where the molten glass is subjected to a controlled cooling process that helps free it from internal stress. After this is done, annealed glass becomes ready to be cut and worked on.
Annealed glass can be used for further processing to obtain tempered glass, laminated glass, toughened glass, etc. Apart from processing, they can be coated with a metal oxide to make tinted glass which is utilised in protection against solar glare.
Is laminated annealed glass safety glass?
Of course, “YES“!
When subjected to impact, the bond between our 6mm laminated glass and interlayer adheres to any broken fragments, keeping the glass intact and resisting penetration.
This important breakage characteristic significantly reduces the likelihood of serious injury, qualifying laminated annealed glass as a Grade A safety glass in accordance with AS/NZ 2208 and other international standards.
How to produce 6mm laminated glass？
6mm laminated glass is crafted by a heat and pressure process that adheres two pieces of 3mm annealed glass together by a PVB interlayer. The standard and minimum interlayer is 0.38mm thick.
The laminated glass size we often produce are:
- 2140mm* 3300mm
Types of laminated annealed glass?
- Clear laminated annealed glass- it is a kind of laminated annealed glass that offers extreme transparency and clarity.
- Colour PVB laminated annealed glass – it is laminated annealed glass that has a Colour PVB film that imparts its colour and reduces its light transmission properties. The commonly used colours are green, brown, grey, blue, white translucent, etc.
- Frosted PVB laminated annealed glass – is laminated annealed glass with a frosted PVB film, this kind of laminated glass obscures the view but allows light to pass through, and is the best solution for balancing privacy with aesthetic appeal.
What is laminated annealed glass used for?
You can give a contemporary edge to your furniture with the use of 6mm clear laminated glass. Since the glass has a sparkling lustre to it, it makes for an excellent choice in stylising your furniture. Laminated annealed glass can be used for making table tops to infuse your room with a modern sensibility. A clear glass table-top will also help open the space in your room.
Annealed glass offers 100 % distortion-free optical vision. This property of glass is best suited for building showcases for your residence and businesses. The high-quality clarity of the glass has a brilliant lustre. Thus, it complements the purpose of a showcase supremely well.
Contemporary designs are all about sleek, elegant, and cool tones. A frosted PVB annealed laminated glass for bathroom windows and shower screens is the best solution for balancing privacy with aesthetic appeal. You also can try a frosted PVB laminated annealed glass, the product obscures the view but allows light to pass through.
The glass facade is a rage today in architectural designs. The use of colour PVB annealed laminated glass can act as the perfect front for your building. It can reduce light transmission and also provide you with protection against harsh solar glare and UV rays. In contemporary times, more and more importance is being paid to the appearance. You can make a great first impression on others with an attractive façade.
What is the best 6mm laminated glass price?
6.38 annealed laminated glass price will depend on the below factors:
- Glass Colours: tinted glass normally will be a higher price than clear glass;
- PVB Thickness: the thicker the PVB interlayer usually will subject to higher strength and safety functions thus the price will be higher, and the PVB brand will influence the price too;
- Glass Size: if the enquire size is subject to our stock size, the standard glass price will be the most competitive, if sizes are different, cutting laminated glass to customize sizes means a higher price;
- Quantity: our MOQ for 6mm laminated glass is 1*20GP container. If larger quantity, our production cost will be lower thus the price will be more competitive;
- Raw Material Cost: when the season changes, or market needs and supplies change, it might influence the 6mm laminated glass price too.
- Subject to BS
- Subject to AS
- Subject to ASTM
- Subject to CE
Packing and delivery:
Shenzhen Dragon Glass‘ quick production times ensure your products arrive promptly, with stringent quality control measures in place. You can rest assured knowing that your order will not just meet industry standards but exceed them too!
Get in touch with us today and purchase premium Chinese annealed laminated glass from one of the leading manufacturers at competitive prices!