Shenzhen Dragon Glass - Trustworthy curved glass manufacturer
What is curved glass?
Curved glass is also referred as bending glass, is glass that has been heated past its softening point and formed into a curved shape.
Generally speaking, there are two types of curved glass – hot bending glass & cold bending glass.
Hot bending glass is annealed gravity bending. The glass panel is placed on or into a mould and heated up to glass softening temperature and then slowly cooled down after the exact shape is finished shaping. This method allows you to achieve many different shapes. But it is time consuming and production cost is high.
Cold bending glass is also called curved tempered glass, or curved toughened glass. It is processed in a tempering oven. After the desired shape is achieved in the curved mould in the tempering line. It will be cooled down rapidly to the room temperature with the strong windjet. Cold bending glass(curved toughened glass) has 5 times higher strength than normal annealed glass.
Curved glass applications:
Curved glass has many applications, such as staircases, windows, balconies, furniture, aquariums, balustrades, bath screens, exterior walls(facade), office partitions, etc.
Shenzhen Dragon Glass curved glass properties
- Single glass thickness: 4mm~19mm.
- Min Radius: 900mm for curved tempering process, 200mm for hot bending process.
- Max size: 2600*7000mm.
- Glass color: clear, ultra clear, grey, bronze, blue, green, etc.
- Curved glass types: Curved tempered glass, curved laminated glass, curved insulated glass, curved low e insulated glass, curved ceramic frit glass, curved fluted glass, curved pdlc glass, etc.
- Additional process: ceramic frit; coated; frosted; acid etched; etc
- Transmittance: 8~85%.
- Shape: curved.
- Capacity: 2500SQM/DAY.
- Certification: CE & ASTM.