What is 28mm 8+12A+8mm low e curved double glazed glass/units?
The 28mm 8+12A+8mm low e curved double glazed glass/units are made of one panel of 8mm clear low e curved glass and the other 8mm clear curved glass panel to be separated by an aluminum spacer, and then sealed with butyl sealant and structural sealant to achieve energy-saving and soundproofing functions.
The spacer is filled with moisture to prevent the vapor and air from penetrating.
The curved shape can be achieved either by the hot bending process or a curved tempering process.
As shown below.
Benefits of double glazed glass
- 1, Double glazed glass provides super good energy-saving functions, especially using low-e double glazed glass. You can get an environment of cooling in summer and warming in winter. Double-glazed glass can provide a U-value lower than 1.8W/m2K.
- 2, Double glazed glass provides excellent soundproofing function. When you would like a quiet room to rest or a silent environment to read, double-glazed glass can help you. It has a soundproofing ability of STC>37dB+.
- 3, Double glazed glass can be decorative. You can easily change either panel to get patterns, reflection colors, etc to give a super fantastic appearance!
What is the function of the gap between glass in double glazing?
The gap between glass in double glazing will easily influence the U-value and the soundproofing performance. For other optic performance, it has a slight influence. Therefore, if your project needs a lower U value, you can have the option of changing the spacer thickness.
Shenzhen Dragon Glass 28mm low e curved double glazed glass properties
|Product name||low e curved double glazed|
|Glass thickness||8+8mm, other thicknesses also can be customized.|
|Spacer||12A, other spacers like 6A, 9A, 15A, and 20A are available.|
|Spacer colors||black, silver.|
|Sealing||double sealing method.|
|Quality||Subject to AS, IGCC & CE high standard|
1, Is curved glass expensive？
For curved glass products, the standard price is about 45 USD/SQM~180 USD/SQM. Curved glass costs will be influenced by several factors, such as:
- Glass color;
- Drilling holes or not;
- Sizes: as it will influence the cutting rate;
- Quantity: large quantity, cheaper price;
- Further Processing: if needed laminated, insulated, silkscreen printed, colored PVB, etc
2, What is your MOQ of double glazed glass?
Our MOQ of double glazed glass is 30SQM.
3, Can you get one-way glass in double glazing?
Sure! You can replace one of the pieces of glass with one-way glass that allows you to see out, but the outside only sees a mirror.
4, Double glazed glass vs laminated glass
Double glazed glass is a panel comprised of two panes of glass bonded together by a spacer, separated by a gas-filled space between. The idea behind this type of unit is to offer both heat and sound reduction.
Laminated Glass is a panel made by laminating two or more sheets of glass with a PVB interlayer in between them. This type of glass helps block out 99% of UV light. They are effective in reducing noise, and when it breaks, they will remain intact in the opening, its safety glass.
Well, as we said, it depends on your goals. If you are looking to reduce noise, then you can actually get much better performance out of thick laminated glass compared to double-glazed glass. However, if you are also looking to reduce the amount of heat transfer, then you could opt for double-glazed glass.
5, Curved double pane glass
Curved double pane glass is two curved glass panels separated by airspace which creates a barrier to reduce heat transfer. Ideal for refrigeration units and energy-rated windows, double-glazed units greatly reduce condensation and can be made with either float, toughened, or laminated curved glass.
Would you like to use it for your new projects? Welcome contact Shenzhen Dragon Glass for comments and free inquiry!