What is borosilicate glass?
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass with silica and boron trioxide as the main glass-forming constituents. It is the most advanced fire door vision panel glass material. Borosilicate glasses are known for having very low coefficients of thermal expansion, making them more resistant to thermal shock. As a result, it retains its dimensions across different temperatures and resists cracking and shattering when exposed to rapid temperature changes.
What is a fire door vision panel glass?
It is a small piece of borosilicate glass, acting as a door vision panel window, and can be installed at eye level on a fire-resistant door made of materials other than glass. Fire-resistant borosilicate fire door vision panel glass can stop fumes, toxic gases, and flames.
Borosilicate glass is commonly fabricated into fire door vision panel glass that is incorporated into tanks, boilers, and other high-heat industrial systems. These windows allow workers to monitor internal processes without having to open the receptacle or interfere with the operation.
Custom fire door vision panel glass
Shape: whatever your vision, square, rectangle, or round, we have the size.
Glass type: Our borosilicate glass and non-fire-rated glass range expands to suit a variety of different applications and uses, whether it be for residential, commercial, or industrial.
Benefits, having a fire door vision panel glass includes:
- Increased security: door vision panel glass allows homeowners and business owners to see who is at the door before opening it, helping to deter potential burglars and unwanted visitors.
- Improved visibility: the transparent nature of the panel allows for greater visibility, making it easier to see who is at the door or what is happening outside.
- Increased natural light: door vision panel allows natural light to pass through the door, helping to brighten up the interior of the home or business.
- Improved aesthetics: door vision panel adds a modern and sleek look to any door, enhancing the overall appearance of the home or business.
- Energy efficiency: the transparent nature of the panel allows for increased natural light to enter the home or business, reducing the need for artificial lighting and improving energy efficiency.
- Thermal stability: borosilicate glass can tolerate extreme temperature fluctuations owing to its low coefficient of thermal expansion and high resistance to thermal shock. These qualities make it an ideal material for products such as fire door vision panel glass since it can handle the sudden transition from heat or pressure to cool without breaking.
|Production name: 6mm borosilicate glass for fire door vision panel glass;|
|Glass thickness: 6mm, other thicknesses are also available;|
|Glass Shape: square, rectangle, or round; other shapes are also available;|
|Glass thickness: 6mm, other thickness are also available;|
|Glass Appearance: ultra clear, other colors clear, blue, gray, green, pink, and bronze are also available;|
|Packing: Strong plywood crates;|
|Production time: 15~25 days;|
- Subject to BS;
- Subject to AS;
- Subject to ASTM;
- Subject to CE.
Fire door vision panel glass is a practical and functional addition to any home or business, offering increased security, improved visibility and aesthetics, and energy efficiency. They suit various thicknesses of fire-rated doors, in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
Packing and delivery:
When specifying glass in fire doors, there are many factors at play. The glass size, the glass thickness, fire protection time, etc. To discuss your project further, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at Shenzhen Dragon Glass!