What is a tempered glass balcony?
Tempered glass balcony is using toughened glass as a tempered glass balcony. It is produced by heating clear or tinted edge worked glass to around 700 degrees in the tempering oven and then cool down rapidly by a strong wind jet. This process is also called glass quenching, it will form compression stress on the glass surface whereas the interior is still in tension. After the glass is toughened, it will be 5 times stronger than normal annealed glass.
Of course, if you need curved glass to match curved glass, we also provide curved balcony balustrade glass with the same thickness
5 Impressive Benefits Of glass wall balcony:
If you’ve never considered a glass balustrade before then it’s time you did. You’ve probably come across them in office buildings and other places but may never have considered them for your own home.
There is no doubt that a glass balustrade is beautiful, when properly crafted they are effective works of art. That’s why it’s important to select a supplier for your glass wall balcony.
But, they are not just stunning to look at, here are 5 benefits of glass balcony balustrades you may not have known about:
When you use glass as a frameless tempered glass balcony you’re creating the illusion of more space. This is because a barrier creates an end to the space available and your mind automatically registers this and works out the space available for you to move around in.
However, if the barrier is glass, it’s not registered so easily in your mind, allowing you to see the space on both sides of the barrier as available. In short, any balcony will feel much larger.
Glass lets light through helping to illuminate the area behind, your balcony. This will allow you to use the balcony later in the evening. Allowing the light through can also help to illuminate the space inside the building, standard balustrades often block most of the light, making it darker inside. This isn’t an issue when dealing with glass.
Glass balustrades are made from toughened glass for safety, this means they are extremely strong and will protect you from falling out, or off the balcony. This is the reason they are also popular on the stairs.
But glass isn’t just strong enough to protect you from falling, it is also surprisingly durable. In fact, with very little maintenance a glass balustrade will last for years.
Glass is actually very easy to keep clean. While it is true that you’ll see any fingerprint or smudge, it is also true that they can be easily wiped off. A little water and vinegar ix on a regular basis are all it will take to keep your glass balustrade looking like new.
That’s much easier than washing or brushing around the standard balustrade designs and having to coat them with varnish or some other paint periodically.
Glass is great because it complements any type of furnishing or any style of home. It doesn’t matter what décor you have, traditional, classic, and contemporary, all are viable options to complement a glass balcony and leave your home looking stunning.
This makes it much easier to change your décor and keep your house looking fantastic without the expense or hassle of altering your balustrades.
In fact, there are plenty of other reasons why you should be using glass in your balcony balustrade, but these 5 should be enough to convince you to change your balustrade to a glass one, it could even add value to your home.
- Multiple tinted glass colors are available, such as low iron, green, blue, grey, bronze, etc;
- Variety of glass types: clear toughened glass, curved toughened glass, digital printed glass, ceramic frit printed glass, frosted toughened glass, etc;
- Shape: flat or curved, according to customer’s requirement;
- Frame: aluminum U channel is also known as frameless tempered glass balcony, or stainless steel 304 or 316;
- Max size: according to the client’s request. We can help optimize the size to cut down the cost as well;
- Lead time: 7~12 days after order confirmed;
- MOQ: 50 SQM
- Glass wall balcony subject to ISO9001 standard;
- Glass wall balcony subject to CE EN2190;
- Glass wall balcony subject to ASTM1248;
- Glass wall balcony subject to AS;
- Adopting high-quality grade toughened glass material makes sure no bubbles, no chips, no scratches, super flat surface;
- Cutting: use advanced cutting machines to ensure there are no chips, sizes accuracy;
- Grinding: polished the edges with no chips, no micro-cracks, no flaws;
- Drilling: accurately drill the holes according to the CAD drawing;
- Tempering: use world advanced super flat & spotless tempering machine to ensure excellent tempering stress uniformity and flatness, the lowest tempering spontaneous breakage rate;
- We have a strict QC inspection team to inspect each process to ensure no flaws occur during each process;
What is the glass wall balcony price?
There are several factors that will affect the price of a glass wall balcony.
- Shape: curved shape glass wall balcony cost will be higher because it needs to be curved tempered, and the production cost is higher;
- Quantity: larger quantity, glass wall balcony cost will be cheaper;
- Installation methods: whether there are holes or not will influence the pricing, as well as the safe corners required. U channel or frame installation affects the tempered glass balcony price.
If you’re looking to add a tempered glass balcony to your next project, count on the experts from Dragon Glass to prepare a quote that’s based on your specific project specs. Contact us today to get started or fill out the form below and our team will get back to you shortly.