What is digital ceramic printing on glass?
Digital ceramic printing on glass is to print inorganic ink with a diameter of less than 2μm on the surface of the glass through digital printing technology, with high-temperature tempering and melting at 680-720 degrees, the color and pattern are permanently melted into the surface of the glass.
Digital printing glass melts inorganic ink to the surface of glass through high temperatures to form an effect similar to porcelain enamel. Color and texture with the same lifespan as glass.
Digital ceramic printing on glass technology has become a hot spot in decorated glass due to its advantages of all-color digital printing, short operating time, and high pattern quality. More and more architectural decorations adopt digital ceramic printing with stronger corrosion resistance and weather resistance.
High-temperature VS Low-temperature
Compared with the two types of digital ceramic printing, the high-temperature digital ceramic printing on glass has more advantages in terms of color expression, abrasion resistance, corrosion resistance, and weather resistance of the glass are more suitable for indoor and outdoor structural decoration.
|PRINCIPLE OF CURING|| sintering combination of|
high-temperature ink and the glass
|ultraviolet fast curing technology|
|TRANSPARENCY CONTROL||can be adjusted as needed||can’t be adjusted|
|CAN IT BE OUTDOORS||can be used outdoors as building materials||do not have high-temperature resistance|
|FIRMNESS||surface hardness up to 6H||not scratch resistant|
|SHEDDING AND FADING|| the ink is sintering in combination |
with glass, will not shed and fade
| will shedding and fade when |
use outdoors a few months
|LIFE||same lifespan as glass indoors and outdoors|| can not be used for a long time outdoors,|
can be used for many years indoors
How do we produce 6+6 mm digital printing laminated decorative glass？
- Cut the glass to your desired sizes and then polish the edges.
- Print inorganic ink with a diameter of less than 2μm on the surface of the glass.
- High-temperature tempering and melting at 680-720 degrees, the color and pattern are permanently melted into the surface of the glass.
- Combining two pieces of 6mm glass together with a 1.52mm PVB interlayer, transfer into a pre-press line and then place into high-pressure autoclave heating up to 100~200 degree temperature and keep 4~8 hours.
- Digital printing does not need to prepare a template and uses computer-controlled equipment to quickly print, which can meet individual design and the customer’s custom.
- Digital printing ink with special composition for inkjet printing, can absorb and reflect part of the sunlight and heat, and make a good shading effect.
- Digital printing technology uses computer analysis to automatically adjust multi-color inks, with high color matching accuracy, high resolution, rich colors, and printing Produce products with complex patterns. The accuracy of inkjet printing can be 1200dpi or even higher.
- High strength, good impact resistance, energy-saving, and sound insulation.
- Anti-ultraviolet rays, long service life, and never degumming.
In recent years, with the maturity of digital printing technology, digital ceramic printing laminated decorative glass has been more and more applied in indoor and outdoor decoration due to its beautiful patterns and bright colors.
6+6 mm digital printing on glass price
Shenzhen Dragon Glass offers super competitive digital printing on glass price, for high-quality digital printing laminated decorative glass solutions, you can rely on us.
Please share your quantity, size, and drawings, our team will provide you with accurate digital printing on glass price and service beyond your expectations.
Welcome to contact us if you are interested in starting an interior or exterior project!