What is silkscreen print on glass?
Screen printing on glass can enhance the uses and value of glass, making this ubiquitous, practical, and durable material into a versatile “canvas” for a wide range of mass-imaging industrial, commercial, and architectural applications.
As a material for architectural decoration, glass has the advantages of being flat and transparent, and easy to scrub. The glass fritting patterns after screen printing are exquisite and beautiful, and they can be colorless or colored. It is more popular for building decoration and substantially meets people’s aesthetic needs.
People use screen printing to print images directly onto the glass surface. It can create a special kind of decorative glass that is durable and scratch-proof, with an anti-glare effect and safety-glass properties. Screen-printed glass typically has acidic and moisture-resistant features that can preserve the colors for decades.
You can see screen-printed glass everywhere of your life, such as display windows, building partitions, building exteriors, car windshields, and more. At the same time, they are also widely used in furniture decoration and as game tools.
How to silkscreen print on glass?
The silkscreen print process is as follows:
Glass cutting → edging → punching → cleaning → making screen printing plates → glaze preparation → screen printing → drying → sintering → finished product
To get the effect of silkscreen print on glass, first, create a design on the screen to block the silk mesh that does not need to be printed. When the glazes ink is spread evenly by the squeegee on the screen, it will not pass through the part of the stencil. In other areas where there is no blocking, the glazes will adhere to the glass through the silk mesh to obtain a high-quality image. The image screen printing on the glass can be precise, and transparency is adjustable.
Glass is an amorphous inorganic material that softens as the temperature increases, it will deform when heated to the softening temperature. During the colored glass screen printing, each color requires a separate film design. After decorating the ink screen on the glass, sometimes they need to heat and sinter the ink to “burn” the ink onto the glass to fix the image and get a colorful decorative pattern. However, the sintering temperature must be lower than the softening temperature of the glass to be printed to make sure that the glass will not be deformed. Generally, the sintering temperature for the glass glazes should be lower than 520 ° C, usually between 480 ° C to 520 ° C.
You can also click here to see the large pattern silkscreen print process.
8mm black silkscreen print on glass for blank billboard banner lightbox template display in subway station production details:
8mm black silkscreen print on glass is very popular in blank billboard banner lightbox template display in the subway stations. The silkscreen print process enables a unified style in the subway stations, consistent quality over long runs, and high durability for both external and internal surfaces.
Black silkscreen print on glass Features:
- 1, Silk screen printing design is no end: there is no end to the possibilities of patterns and colors with regard to silk screen printing design, which enables a perfect application to the expectations of clients. The realization of an individual pattern, both in the form of pictures and graphics, allows the creation of an unrepeatable composition.
- 2, Protection of privacy: silkscreen print on glass can achieve the transparency of the glass by choosing the printed pattern.
- 3, Good decoration: advances in technology for screen printing on glass enable varied decoration styles and give any space a more modern look and feel.
- 4, Consistent quality: silkscreen print on glass typically has acidic and moisture-resistant features that can preserve the colors for decades. With consistent quality over long-term use.
Black silkscreen print on glass is widely used in subway stations:
Silkscreen print on glass Product Specifications
- Glass thickness: any combination of flat glass from 5mm to 19mm;
- Max size: 2660*7500mm;
- Glass color: clear, ultra-clear, grey, bronze, blue, green, etc;
- Ink color: red, orange, green, blue, black, white, etc;
- Patterns: dot, bar, full screen, gradient, other patterns per requirement;
- Shape: flat/curved;
- Capacity: 1000 SQM/DAY;
- Quality: subject to CE/ASTM/AS/ISO9001/BS/CE;
- Production time: 10~15 days.
Packing and delivery:
Shenzhen Dragon Glass is top 5 silk screen printed glass suppliers China. Contact us today and get the silkscreen print on glass product wholesale price!