Which glass is best for walls?
We are often asked this question by clients. Absolutely bent tempered glass！
- First of all, bent tempered glass is safety glass. When broken, it is harmless to people. Therefore, where a high degree of safety is required, such as glass walls, curtain walls, balustrades, or skylights, it becomes the most practical type of curved glass.
- Secondly, curved tempered glass offers excellent resistance to mechanical and thermal loads, as well as durability against temperature variations. In fact, curved tempered glass withstands up to five times more mechanical strain than bent annealed glass, making it more useful from the contractors’ perspective.
- Last but not least, curved and bent glass brings elegance and energy to curved glass wall-designed space, it gives an artistic focal point to natural light within interior spaces. But above all comes the assurance that bent tempered glass meets safety requirements. This is valued the most.
What is 8+8mm laminated bent tempered glass for curved glass walls?
The 8+8mm laminated bent tempered glass for curved glass walls is produced by heating two 8mm float glasses under the tempering process, heating the glass to over 620 degrees and then cooling down rapidly by a strong wind jet, during the cooling, curving the glass at the same time.
Using the autoclave process, join two pieces of curved glass together with a PVB interlayer. The required processing temperature inside the autoclave is around 120–140 °C; the pressure is about 12 bars.
The lamination of curved and bent glass is the most common process to manufacture curved multi-layer safety glass. Since the glass is laminated, it fulfills safety glass requirements and can make very flexible shapes.
- The curved glass wall can lend a certain life to the otherwise dull environment.
- The curved glass wall is sleek, contemporary, and flexible. And they also offer a great value way to transform your office space. You can create clearly defined areas but still maintain an open atmosphere by allowing visual continuity.
- The glass can be clear or frosted. Full or partial manifestations can be applied. The glass can also be customized and colored to fit your desired look.
- The curved glass is also shown to be better at soundproofing and noise reduction. This can be helpful if a quiet environment is required.
- 1, Production name: 8+8mm laminated bent tempered glass wall;
- 2, Glass color: clear, other colors such as low iron or tinted can be customized;
- 3, Glass thickness: 8+8mm, other thicknesses such as 5+5mm, 6+6mm, 10+10mm, etc;
- 4, Max size: 2600*7000mm;
- 5, Additional process: ceramic frit; coated; frosted; acid-etched; etc
- 6, Production time: 20 days;
- 7, Transmittance: 8~85%.
- 8, Packing: strong plywood crates;
- 9, Other applications: partitions, windows, doors, etc.
- Subject to ISO9001;
- Subject to SGCC;
- Subject to BS EN2190;
- Subject to AS
Packing and delivery
As part of our professional service, our curved glass technicians here at Shenzhen Dragon Glass use state-of-the-art equipment for precision glass bending throughout China. Whether you require any curved glass product, our glass bending service is tailored to your exact specifications.
Our highly experienced team has the skills to cope with the fragility of any glass bending process, simply contact our friendly team today for further information.