Green reflective glass window offers outstanding aesthetic and performance benefits. In fact, reflective glass is often a better option than transparent or tinted glass. Shenzhen Dragon Glass reflective coating on windows offers a variety of reflectivity options, as well as energy-cost-saving Low-E coatings.
What is reflective glass?
Reflective glass is clear or tinted glass that has a thin layer of metallic or metallic oxide coating. Since this coating is applied to only one side of the glass, it has a mirror-like appearance. This reflective coating is applied during the float process to enhance the amount of heat reflected by the glass. It can absorb and reflect the sun’s harmful UV and infrared rays yet allow natural visible light to pass through. It also prevents excessive solar glare.
Reflective coating on windows is used in environmentally friendly construction with the goal of reducing heat gain and loss, making structures much cheaper to heat and cool over the course of the year.
Green reflective glass window features:
For those people who are eco-friendly and believe in energy efficiency, opting for a reflective glass window can be the best choice! There are many benefits and advantages of using these types of glass.
- Decorated appearance: Reflective glass window gives a building a mirror-like appearance to give a building a beautiful exterior.
- Energy savings: Reflective coating on windows can absorb and reflect a significant amount of the outside heat and keep you cool during the summers! What’s more, you can bring down your energy bills by cutting down the use of artificial lighting and heating and cooling systems.
- Privacy: Reflective glass permits you to see through the glass on one side, but not the other, as it reflects natural light, reflective glass window provides privacy in commercial and residential buildings.
- Optimal glare management: As reflective glass impacts Visible Light Transmittance, it reduces solar glare but allows natural light to flood in. It also reflects a significant portion of the harmful solar radiation, offering excellent glare management.
- Superior daylighting: you get to enjoy reduced reliance on artificial lighting and lowered electricity costs. Reflective glass window allows natural light to pass through, creating brighter and cheerful interiors throughout the day.
What is the difference between tinted glass and reflective glass?
Tinted glass is heatproof glass. It absorbs the sun’s energy to control the radiation. If your windows allow the sun to penetrate, it can lead to rising temperatures. Tinted glass can reduce the amount of heat that flows into your building. Depending on the type and thickness of tinted glass, can absorb up to 45% of the solar heat. It can also create less visible light transmission and offer a soothing environment.
One of the major benefits of reflective glass is that it is heatproof. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but it is also energy efficient. Reflective coating on windows is a durable material that has solar control technology. As the sun hits the glass, it cannot penetrate fully and reflects off it. This reduces the heat that enters the building. Reflective glass provides less glare and can protect you and your employees from harmful UV rays.
Specifications of reflective glass window:
- Production name: green reflective glass window;
- Glass thickness: 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm;
- Glass colors: green;
- Glass types: Tempered heat reflective glass; Laminated heat reflective glass; Insulated heat reflective glass; ceramic frit heat reflective glass, heat soaked test heat reflective glass, etc;
- Glass shapes: Flat/curved;
- Max size: 2440*3660mm;
- Min size: 400*900mm;
- Quality: Subject to CE/ASTM/ISO9001/AS, etc;
- Packing: Strong plywood crates;
- Free samples: Within 5 days;
- Production time: 7~10 days;
- Capacity: 10000SQM/day.
- Subject to BS
- Subject to AS
- Subject to ASTM
- Subject to CE
Reflective coating on windows can work well with several architectural elements, from metal panels, and spandrels to frames. It is a dynamic architectural element in that its appearance changes with any change in the sky. Best of all, it has a natural sheen and glossy finish, making it a visual delight.
Green reflective glass windows can then be incorporated into almost any glass unit that is required for the project. This includes insulated glass units (like double and triple glazed units), laminated glass units, and stepped and complicated glass units.
Here are some typical applications of reflective glass.
Packing and delivery:
The glass and window specialists at Shenzhen Dragon Glass can help by selecting the right reflective windows for your needs. We always guarantee the quality of our products and deliver on time, ensuring your glass work is done right, on time, and within budget. Contact Shenzhen Dragon Glass for a free quote on reflective windows.