A glass canopy roof has proven to be a popular way to increase the light and feel of being outdoors while providing shelter from rain or damaging sunlight. As a common design element, glass canopy roof are added to homes and commercial buildings around the world.
What is 17.52mm clear frosted laminated glass for canopy？
8.8.4PVB/17.52PVB/8+1.52PVB+8mm clear frosted laminated glass panels are made by combining one panel of 8mm clear tempered glass and the other 8mm clear frosted tempered glass with a 1.52PVB interlayer under super-high pressure and high temperature in an autoclave for a certain time, to achieve a permanently in permanent combinations of the glass and PVB material.
For glass frosted effects, normally there are two methods: acid etching & sandblasting. Acid etching is more smooth and leaves no fingerprints. Sandblasting is more efficient in production and economics. The normally frosted side is on the 4# face. As shown in the drawing. You can check this article for the difference between the acid-etching and sandblasting processes.
17.52mm clear frosted laminated glass canopy roof benefit：
17.52mm clear frosted laminated glass canopy roof enables small, medium or large areas to be covered and used all year round.
- 1. Shelter: A glass canopy roof creates a contemporary finish to properties while providing a beautifully designed shelter that is practical but doesn’t block out daylight or obstruct the surrounding architecture. These structural glass canopy roofs can be used for shelter in various locations around properties, including glass porches, sheltered walkways, and sheltered outdoor dining areas.
- 2. Keep privacy: 17.52mm clear frosted laminated glass for the canopy is great to add privacy for overlooked entrances as the sand-blasted glass allows light to flow through but not vision, which means you will still be able to see through the glass to a certain extent, and light can still shine through.
- 3. Solar protection: A high-quality glass canopy roof offers perfect sun protection when installed on top, vertical, or as an under glass awning.
- 4. Super safe: When the laminated glass canopy roof is attacked by the outside, due to the strong toughness of the PVB interlayer, it can absorb and weaken a large amount of impact energy, so it is difficult to penetrate. Even if the glass is broken, the broken pieces will shatter into small particles with obtuse angles and then adhere to the PVB interlayer. Therefore, it will not harm people.
- 5、High quality & Last Longer: Our clear frosted laminated canopy glass for sale has acidic and moisture-resistant features that can preserve the colors for decades. With consistent quality over long-term use.
By choosing a glass canopy roof, you have a durable and long-lasting structure that will keep its look and form for years on end.
17.52 glass for canopy specifications:
- Production name: 8mm+1.52PVB+8mm clear frosted laminated canopy glass for sale
- Glass thickness: 17.52 mm; other thicknesses can also be custom;
- Glass color: clear; other colors can also be custom;
- Max size: 2440*3660mm;
- Shape: flat, curved, rectangle, triangle, round, etc.
- Process: cutting, edging, frosted, tempering, laminating, packing, etc;
- Quality: CE/ASTM/AS/ISO9001/BS/CE;
- Packing: strong plywood crates;
- Capacity: 1000 SQM/day;
- Production time: 10~15 days;
- Subject to BS
- Subject to AS
- Subject to ASTM
- Subject to CE
Packing and delivery:
Our elegant structural canopy glass is designed for modern construction, as the leading construction glass supplier, the team at Shenzhen Dragon Glass provided you with the custom CE certified 17.52mm clear frosted laminated glass canopy roof.
If you have any questions about our products or you would like to place an order please contact us here.